The Augusta Boston Club, Inc. is the reorganization of the original Augusta Fraternal Associates that was founded in Boston's West End in 1936. In the early 1900s, there was an influx of Italian immigrants, and many of them chose to settle in Boston's West End. As the number of Sicilians grew, the need arose to find a meeting place where they could gather to socialize. Those from Augusta proceeded to form a social club that limited membership to only those with roots to Augusta, Sicily. Their clubhouse for many years was located on the second and third floors of a building on Staniford Street in the West End. The BRA West End renewal project forced the relocation of the Augusta Fraternal Associates to East Boston. Unable to sustain a clubhouse in this area, our organization has been meeting in various locations.
In 2002, the Augusta Fraternal Associates was legally reorganized as the Augusta Boston Club to better serve its members. One major change that took place was to allow non-Augustani to join our Association as associate members. Our main purpose is to provide a social environment for our members and to promote the customs and traditions of our culture. We hope to pass our traditions and customs on to many more future generations of Augustani.